Monday, January 31, 2011


Welcome to the page of New Zealand artist Alan G Collins
This showcases a small fraction of my work as I have been painting in watercolour for three quaters of a century. Most of the paintings you see here are for sale.
Born in Wellington in 1926, I studied at the Wellington Technical College, School of art, before becoming a Government artist but soon decided to travel to England to further my career. There I became an illustrator in a London Advertising Agency and also studied at London Central School of Art and Design.
In England I met my wife, and love of my life and we later settled in our Eastbourne home.
I became Art Director of National Publicity, and later Manager, all the while painting and exhibiting for sheer pleasure.
My works have been purchased and are in collections in Britain, Europe, North America, Australia and here in New Zealand.
I was elected to be an Artist Member of the New Zealand Academy of Fine Arts, Member of Watercolour New Zealand, and recently an Overseas Friend Member of Bank Side Gallery (home of the Royal Watercolour Society, London,) experiencing the joy and exhilaration of painting with them during the UK Summer of '09.
I exhibit at Montage Gallery (Rimu Street, Eastborne,) Watercolour New Zealand, and the New Zealand Academy of Fine Arts.
If you wish to purchase one of my works, please do not hesitate to contact me by email: alan.sallycollins@xtra.co.nz


No comments:

Post a Comment